A few comments from visitors:
- "I checked your pages. It's cool. I guess you have yet some work on it..." --Cyril Fievet (27 August 1995... editor of Cybersphère ...
one of the earliest visitors having a sneak preview... check his magazine, it's cool too!).
- "Nice pages." --Espana N.Sheriff (28 September 1995... maintainer of the website Alpha Ralpha Boulevard... science fiction resource)
- "I think you have captured a different sort of vibe with this environment - it is really just a site of links at the moment but feels much more satisfying. You *have* created something more of a world than just a site." --David Parry (1 October 1995... maintainer of the award-winning website London Calling).
- "Very nice site." --Tom Maddox (21 December 1995... journalist, author of the s-f novel Halo... ).
- "Congratulations on your virtual city!" -- John Kupersmith (3 January 1996... librarian, http://www.greatbasin.net/~jkup...
check his fascinating paper on virtual libraries).
- "I've just happened upon your web site, much to my delight..." --Charles D. Levin (4 January 1996... author of Jean Baudrillard: A Study in Cultural Metaphysics ).
- "Your site is very interesting." --Robert Pepperell (21 January 1996... author of The Post Human Condition , check: http://www.southern.com/PIPE/posthumancondition.html for a brief excerpt from his book...
link reported as not working).
- "I love what you're are doing!" --Chris Charles (6 February 1996... website: http://www.atlas.co.uk/space/index.html... e-mail: email@example.com)
- "Cool!... Thanks! You are providing a great service!" --Howard Rheingold (Thursday, 15 February 1996 20:41:44 / Saturday, 24 February 1996 11:56:35... author of Virtual Reality , The Virtual Community , etc... website: Howard Rheingold's Home Page)
- "Yes I see your humble beginnings, and I can appreciate the huge effort required to get you this far, but I also see something fabulous in the making! And it seems to be very well received, and so it should be -- I intuit awesome potential." --Dave Georgens (17 February 1996... software engineer)
- "Cool. Continued luck with the project." --Richard Kadrey (Tuesday 20 February 1996 11:07:26... author of Metrophage , Covert Culture Sourcebook , etc.)
- "Let me know when you're wanting folks to visit your site,
and I'll recommend it in my weekly column 'Letters to the Fringe'." --Don Webb (Monday, 26 February 1996 09:26:57... author of Uncle Ovid's Exercise Book and much much more... see the Don Webb entries in the library)
- "Had a quick look round your site yesterday and I thought it looked really interesting. Drop me a line when you add more to it and I'll try to find some space to plug it in the Obs." --Jim McClellan (Tuesday, 27 February 1996 10:52 GMT... journalist, writes for the Observer and The Guardian newspapers... e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org... check his website at: http://www.gold.net/oneday/jim/)
- "Nice work hwt. Poked around your pages. I can see why you've
got everything set as links. Pretty, but also comprehensive." --Marshall Motley (Friday, 01 March 1996 13:03:50)
- "Visited your site -- don't ask me how I got there, through a search for Jeff Noon, I sense. Looks really good; kind of resource you expect to see a lot more of, until you realise the effort involved.
I'm working with Virgin Online at the moment, and they seem ready - but not quite ready - to give support to projects like this. I'll keep in touch." --Dan O'Brien (Thursday, 14 March 1996 05:48:09... e-mail: email@example.com)
- "I really enjoyed your utopian page and have linked to it from the Center for Utopian/Dystopian Studies. If you'd like a look-see, visit: http://oak.cats.ohiou.edu/~aw148888 Happy Weaving!" --andy wood (Saturday, 16 March 1996 14:09:57... e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org...
this is an incredible resource for utopian research)
- "Thanks for your work... current, complete. Got in via search on Rudy Rucker, via MetaCrawler, featured on C/Net. Now I'll come back and enjoy. Perhaps I'll take the teleport..." --Dennis (Saturday, 23 March 1996 00:00:31... Dennis E.Hermanson... e-mail: email@example.com)
- "Bravo for yur site." --Farid Mheir (Monday, 25 March 1996 15:35:06... maintainer of Virtual Cities Repository... e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- "Thanks for the link...and i've linked you too on my HotVR list
...nice site..." --Sandy Ressler (Tuesday, 26 March 1996 09:07:38... website: Open Virtual Reality Testbed ... e-mail: email@example.com)
- "...Web Mentalism is taking over my brain and if I don't quit I will be thinking up links all night. I mean, what about neat stuff like Mark/Space or Fraser Clark or Jim McClellan?" -- Jean A.Heriot (comments in her excellent links page: Cybersuzy 003)
"Right now I am only using lynx as a browser, so can't see your graphics or colours, but your content is just excellent. -jean heriot (Sat, 6 Apr 1996 15:18:52)
"Well! I did get a chance to see your site at the infoshop yesterday - using netscape on a mac. It is tres cool! Overall I think you are well on your way to having one of the best
websites - it is quite marvellous already!" --jean heriot (Sat, 27 April 1996 15:12:19... do check her great magazine KaspahRaster ... e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- "A very fine site." --Anders Sandberg (Thu, 11 April 1996 14:42:26... maintainer of the Transhuman Terminology webpages at: http://www.nada.kth.se/~nv91-asa/Trans/words_page.html... e-mail: email@example.com...
- "I'm enjoying your Web site!... Thanks, and keep up the great work" --Linda Jacobson (Thu, 25 Apr 1996 14:52:25... editor of CyberArts: Exploring Art & Technology and author of Garage Virtual Reality: The Affordable Way to Explore Virtual Worlds... e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- "Great project, man!" --Lance Olsen (Mon, 29 Apr 1996 10:15:56... author of Tonguing the Zeitgeist and other avant-pop novels... has linked to Mark/Space at his Avant-Pop Central
Page... do check his website at http://www.uidaho.edu/~lolsen... e-mail: email@example.com)
- "I hit upon pages concerning me while browsing through the feminist SF etc site. How unexpected. And how nice... And bravo for the good work!" --Elisabeth Vonarburg (Sat, 11 May 96 17:35:42... author of The Silent City, In the Mothers' Land, and Reluctant Voyagers among others)
- "I am quite excited by what you are doing with Anachron City. I hope to regularly visit your growing little burb on www." --David Memmott (Sat, 11 May 96 23:04:47... author of The Larger Earth: Descending Notes of a Grounded Astronaut , a book of poetry... publisher of the Wordcraft imprint, which specializes in 'slipstream' and 'avant-pop' authors such as Misha, Don Webb, Lance Olsen, Thomas E. Kennedy, Jessica Amanda Salmonson, Conger Beasley, Jr., Lorraine Schein, Mark Rich, among others... e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- "Thank you for your good will, your good work and the good words you had for my books. I look forward to a fruitful virtual collaboration!
" --Elisabeth Vonarburg (Wed, 22 May 1996 17:21:45... author of some great science fiction books, among them The Silent City , Reluctant Voyagers ... the Elisabeth Vonarburg section in the Anachron Library has been updated in a major way thanks to information provided by Elisabeth herself... check it, then read her books)
- "I really like your page Mark/Space - information-wise it is most complete, sources and everything. Congratulations!... Thanks for this great addition to the WWW!" --Gerben de Graaf, Esq.
(Thu, 30 May 1996 23:57:32... for preview of his new website check: http://www.euronet.nl/users/gdegraaf... e-mail: email@example.com)
- "While searching on my name (a hobby which I find all too addicting, I came across Mark/Space. Great stuff! If you want more info on me, you could just link to my home page www.nh.ultranet.com/~jimkelly which has some bio, some fiction and some essays.
"Anyway, I am in awe at the immensity of what you're doing!" --James Patrick Kelly (Tue, 04 June 1996 09:10:00... science fiction author of the novel Wildlife among others)
- "I've really enjoyed browsing your pages - especially the Slipstream Authors section." --Andrew Hedgecock (Tue, 18 June 96 11:34:26... e-mail: A.P.Hedgecock@lboro.ac.uk... Andrew has contributed the Iain Sinclair section in the Anachron Library)
- "A superlatively good resource." --David Pearce (Mon, 24 June 1996 02:59:09... e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org... website: http://www.pavilion.co.uk/david-pearce/)
- "When I went to your home page I was amazed at what was there
and wondered 'what fifty guys set this up?'... Keep up the fine work..." --Bill Cornutt (Sat, 29 June 1996 06:33:22... e-mail: email@example.com... his personal website: http://www2.cdepot.net/~billyjoe)
- "I'm enjoying exploring your immensely ambitious site...Thanks for all your hard work." --Dale Kirby (Sun, 07 Jul 1996 22:14:20... Columnist: Web Developer Magazine -- The Dukes of URL, Free-Lance Database Developer, Netscape Development Partner... check his website at: http://www.rain.org/~da5e/... e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- "Congratulations on an extensive and excellent site." --Marius Watz (Mon, 08 Jul 1996 19:56:00... check his Hakim Bey webpages... e-mail: email@example.com)
- "Finally, an interesting website!" --Mary Winter (Tue, 23 Jul 1996 09:44:03... e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- "Nice job with the cyberculture magazine links." --Benjamin Bratton (Tue, 06 Aug 1996 23:03:26... editor, Speed... e-mail: email@example.com)
- "Nice site." --Laura Stinson (Thu, 22 Aug 1996 12:40:11... webweaver, creating a site for SF Eye... e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- "Nice Web site." --Jon Gustafson (Thu, 29 Aug 1996 02:12:15... webmaster: http://www.goodnet.com/~amisg... e-mail: email@example.com)
- "I just found your site, and it looks great." --Paul T.Riddell (Mon, 16 Sep 1996 19:25:53... e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org... check his The Paul T. Riddell Essay Archive)
- "Wonderfull Site!!! I really liked your pages. Its good to be able to find this sort of information. Best of luck with your project." --Eric (Sun, 13 Oct 1996 01:08:37... e-mail: eprF94@hamp.hampshire.edu...check his links page: http://hamp.hampshire.edu/~eprF94/links.html)
- "I'd like to offer my services if that is okay... I am an animation artist and do extensive work with cartoon-like gif animations for the web. My homepage pretty much somes it up." --Christopher Gray (Mon, 21 Oct 1996 15:34:59... e-mail: email@example.com... homepage: http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/8696/)
- "Great page. I have spent a lot of time looking for information on the word utopia. Your page has been heart-warming. Thankyou." --Jeff Easter (Wed, 30 Oct 1996 22:42:08... e-mail: Jeff@Abstractweb.com)
- "I work in the library at the Guardian and when I go in on Monday I'll put your site on our bookmarks. Thanks this type of web site is so much more useful when it's this well cross-referenced. I'll recommend it." --Thevada Sewell (Sat, 16 Nov 1996 17:35:51... e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- "Nice Sight!!!" --Sage P. McDougal (Thu, 12 Dec 1996 08:49:05... e-mail: email@example.com)
- "thanx for all your efforts to get the correct
data out there on the Web." --Paul Di Filippo (Wed, 1 Jan 1997 18:19:38... author of The Steampunk Trilogy , Ribofunk , etc... e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- "You have a good site going here. Keep up the good work." --Jon Kossmann (Sunday, 09 Feb 1997 23:01:06... e-mail: email@example.com... check his site at: http://www.kosso.com)
- "Your site rules. I will say that it is the best site for information on Brave New World and Utopia, and it has some awesome links to related topics, keep up the good work. Thanks." --Jason Legler (Sun, 23 Feb 1997 17:32:14... e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- "Mark/Space is an amazing resource! It has been very helpful in my research on a book project I'm doing for HardWired (Wired's book subsidiary). I would like to talk to you about the project sometime soon, and get your reaction. Keep up the great work!" --Mark Frauenfelder, Editor, HardWired (Thu, 6 Mar 1997 11:03:52... e-mail: email@example.com)
- "I've just looked around your Mark/Space... Well it's an ecstatic tour... crazy ideas, careful arrangement, and seems much hard work." --YiKai Lin, Marketing Staff of Cybervision Organization, Taipei, Taiwan (Tue, 18 Mar 1997 14:50:57... e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- "Many thanks to those who made these pages - they are a wealth of superb information!" --Matthew Butterworth (Mon, 7 Apr 1997 01:46:20... e-mail: MPSB1@aol.com)
- "Mark/Space... wow...I love it. And I love you Henry Targowski. I may have to point to you the next time an alien asks 'Take me to your leader'." --Joe Knepper (Sat, 12 Apr 1997 14:56:39... e-mail: email@example.com... homepage: http://users.success.net/joek/)
- "I met your website today, searching for some information about absolute zero and superconductors. Wonderful wonderful wonderful. I judge your work really interesting, in-deep, and various, rich... can I say anything else? Good luck, and greetings from Italy." --Stefano Lamorgese, P&D staff, Rai International, c/o MGE Communications, Via Cola di Rienzo 163 - Roma (Wed, 16 Apr 1997 13:17:43... e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- "You have one of the coolest sites I have happened upon in a long time. I've printed your lists of books (and films) as reference for future exploration. It's very informative, and I can tell you are having fun with your city (which is an exciting concept in and of itself!)
"And I've told everyone I know who I think would be interested about your site.
"Keep up the great work!" --Jill Bell (Mon, 28 Apr 1997 10:36:17... e-mail: email@example.com)
- "I would like to commend you on a wonderful site. The information that I received from your site was just what I needed. Without this site, I would have not been able to research the subject of my thesis; cybercultures. You're great and keep up the work." --Ebony Vines (Mon, 5 May 1997 18:28:21... e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- "Let me take this oppurtunity to tell you how greatful I am for your web pages. More than any other individual entity, I give Mark/Space credit for sparking my interest in modern (read as 'postmodern') literature. Since stumbling upon your site a year
ago I've visited it at least twice a week. I see your pages as the apex of the "encyclopedia aesthetic" Borges developed for his listing of strange and mythical creatures. So I suppose this is just a small attempt to add something to the pages and show my gratitude for how you have influenced me and led to my discovery of many brilliant authors." --kyle seifried (Sun, 06 Jul 1997 21:19:49... e-mail: email@example.com)
Send comments, additions, corrections, links, contributions to:
*note: Mark/Space needs your assistance in order to grow and expand.
If you like what's being done here and are in a position to help with information, technical support, financing or hardware...
please send input and contributions to this
Return to Mark/Space