Conspiracy / Covert Activities / Cults
Updated: 25 April 1998
This listing covers: conspiracy, covert activity, assassination, espionage, secret societies, and cults. I've added a new page which contains links to other websites (click on "Additional Links" in the index above). See "Of Related Interest" for pages specific to mind control, UFOs, and aliens.
*note: If you are aware of any books which should be added, please let me know (or send review copies). Contributions will be fully accredited. Links welcome.
Conspiracy / Covert Activities / Cults
-- NonFiction Books --
- Inside the Company: CIA Diary by Philip Agee
(June 1975, non-fiction... covert activity, CIA, hidden agenda, South America)
- The Dead Sea Scrolls by John Allegro
(1956, non-fiction... dead sea scrolls, Jesus Christ, Essenes, esoteric sect)
"Some of the earliest research on the Dead Sea Scrolls... shortly after the publication of this book all access to the scrolls was restricted" --Henry W.Targowski.
- The Sacred Mushroom and the Cross by John Allegro
(1970, non-fiction... etymology, Sumeria, dead sea scrolls, Jesus Christ, magic mushrooms, psychedelics, cover-up, Essenes)
"Philological examination of the mystery cults and the origins of Judaic and Christian mythology." --Henry W.Targowski.
- The Control of Candy Jones by Donald Bain
(1976, non-fiction...Playboy Press, Chicago, Illinois, US... hypnotized courier, CIA, mind control)
- Operation Mind Control by Walter Bowart
(1978, non-fiction...Dell, New York, US... mind control, brain washing)
"The best single volume on the subject. Difficult to find; indeed, this book's rapid disappearance from bookstores and libraries has aroused the suspicions of some researchers." --Martin Cannon.
- Who Killed John Lennon? by Fenton Bresler
(1989, non-fiction...St Martin's Press, New York, US)
"Interesting thesis concerning the possible use of mind control on Mark David Chapman. Better in its analysis of Chapman than in its history of mind control. In my own work, I have encountered data which may help confirm Bresler's theory." --Martin Cannon.
- The Zapping of America by Paul Brodeur
"Contains a good chapter on microwave mind control technology." --Martin Cannon.
- Faster Than Light by Johannes von Buttlar
(1972... tachyons, controversy)
- Journey to Infinity by Johannes von Buttlar
(1973... time travel, Saint-Germain, Philadelphia Experiment, Epsilon Bootes)
- The Mind Stealers by Samiel Chavkin
(1978, non-fiction...Houghton Mifflin, New York, US)
- Necessary Illusions: Thought Control in Democratic Societies by Noam Chomsky
- Psychic Dictatorship in the U.S.A. by Alex Constantine
(1995, non-fiction...Feral House, Portland, Oregon, US, pbk, ISBN 0-922915-28-8... mind control, "non-lethal technology", biotelemetrics, cults)
- The Secret Government: The Origin, Identity, and Purpose of MJ-12 by Milton William Cooper
(23 May 1989, non-fiction...typewritten manuscript, 25 pages... Majority 12, crashed saucers, Project Pounce, EBE, Yellow Book, Project Plato, Project Redlight, Project Snowbird, Area S-4 [in Nevada], Grudge 13, Majestic 12, Alternative 2, Alternative 3, AIDS, Mars colony, Bilderburg group, REX-84, Trilateral Commission, J.Henry Schroder Banking Corporation, Nugan Hand)
"An incredible document that names the projects and people involved. Claims: treaty with aliens; 'George Bush began sale of drugs to our children'; 'cities exist on Mars'; plans to 'rid ourselves of the undisirable [sic] elements of our society'; Kennedy 'assassination was ordered by the Policy Committee and the order was carried out by agents of MJ-12' [accuses William Greer of the fatal shooting]; 'the headquarters of the International conspiracy is in Geneva, Switzerland'; '1 in 40 humans had been implanted with devices'; and much much more. Makes The Skeleton Key to the Gemstone File seem pale in comparison." --Henry W.Targowski.
This document is copyrighted. Permission to reproduce must be obtained from Milton William Cooper. Does anyone know how to contact him? Or if this manuscript is already available online?
- Behold A Pale Horse by Milton William Cooper
"Excellent illuminati book from ONI [Office of Naval Intelligence]. Masterful unjaded this is my opinion this is what I saw book." --Sage P.McDougal.
- The Scandal of Scientology by Paulette Cooper
(1971, non-fiction...Tower Publications, New York, US, pbk, SBN 508-T09590-095...
"An alarming exposé that will tell you the truth about Scientology." --jacket blurb.)
- Physical Control of the Mind: Toward a Psychocivilized Society by José Delgado
(1969, non-fiction...Harper and Row, New York, US... mind control, intracerebral implants)
"Outdated but still essential." --Martin Cannon.
- The Assassination Chronicles: Inquest, Counterplot and Legend by Edward Jay Epstein
(19??, non-fiction... JFK, Warren Commission)
- Cults of Unreason by Christopher Evans
(1973, non-fiction...George G.Harrap & Co., UK, hbk... UFO cults, mind control, mystic east, scientology, gurus, gimmicks)
"A relatively lightweight coverage." --Henry W.Targowski.
- Grunch of Giants by R.Buckminster Fuller
(1983, non-fiction...St.Martin's Press, New York, US... sequel to Critical Path )
"Military-Industrial Complex replaces the 'Great Pirates'. A warning." --Henry W.Targowski (in Mark/Space , 1997).
- Treason: The New World Order by Gurudas
(199?, non-fiction...Cassandra Press, San Rafael, California, US, pbk, ISBN 0-945946-14-7... "A reference work on the New World Order and Patriot movement." --Gurudas.)
"Haven't seen a copy yet, so am unable to comment on the content. But I wonder about the credentials of an author with a one-word name." --Henry W.Targowski.
- Secret Agenda by Linda Hunt
(1991, non-fiction...St.Martin's Press, New York, US)
- The Wise Men by Walter Isaacson and Evan Thomas
(19??, non-fiction...Simon and Schuster, New York, US... The Jason Society, The Jason Scholars, 'Skull and Bones', 'Scroll and Key', Council on Foreign Relations... ties-in with MJ-12 membership)
- North American Spies: New Revisionist Essays edited by Rhodri Jeffreys-Jones, Andrew Lownie
(1992, non-fiction...Edinburgh University Press, Edinburgh, Scotland)
- The Gemstone File by Jim Keith
(19??... conspiracy... Joseph Kennedy, Aristotle Onassis, etc...
contains the original A Skeleton Key To the Gemstone File by Bruce Roberts, 1969, with added commentaries by others)
- Plausible Denial: Was the CIA Involved in the Assassination of JFK? by Mark Lane
(1992, non-fiction...Plexus, London, UK)
- Crossfire: The Plot that Killed Kennedy by Jim Marrs
(1992, non-fiction...Carroll & Graf, US)
- Were We Controlled? by Lincoln Lawrence (pseudonym)
(1967, non-fiction...University Books, New Hyde Park, New York, US... mind control, brain washing)
"Explores possible connections to the JFK assassination. Dr. Petter Lindstrom's endorsement of this work makes it mandatory reading." --Martin Cannon.
- Acid Dreams -- The Complete Social History of LSD: The CIA, the Sixties, and Beyond by Martin A.Lee, Bruce Shlain
(1985, non-fiction... history of LSD, government experiments, counterculture, CIA, MK-ULTRA)
- The CIA and the Cult of Intelligence by Victor Marchetti, John D.Marks
(1974, non-fiction...Alfred A.Knopf, New York, US... CIA, covert operations, mind control)
- Mr Nice by Howard Marks
(September 1996, non-fiction, autobiography...Secker & Warburg, London, UK hbk... smuggling, cannabis, hashish, black market, MI5)
- The Search for 'The Manchurian Candidate' by John Marks
(1978, non-fiction...Bantam, New York, US... mind control)
"An invaluable book. However, many people have made the mistake of assuming it tells the full story. It does not." --Martin Cannon.
- The Brotherhood of Murder by Thomas Martinez, John Guinther
(1988, non-fiction...McGraw-Hill, New York, US)
- The Politics of Heroin: CIA Complicity in the Global Drug Trade by Alfred McCoy
(19??, non-fiction...Lawrence Hill Books... revised and updated version of The Politics of Heroin in Southeast Asia... CIA, covert activities)
- Bare-Faced Messiah: The True Story of L.Ron Hubbard by Russell Miller
(1988, non-fiction... L.Ron Hubbard, cult, dianetics, scientology, mind control)
"Lots of data, but fails to describe the true danger." --Henry W.Targowski.
- The Agency by John Ranleigh
(1986, non-fiction...Simon and Shuster, New York, US... CIA, covert activities)
- A Skeleton Key To the Gemstone File by Bruce Roberts
(1969... conspiracy, assassination... Aristotle Onassis, Joseph Kennedy, Howard Hughes, John F.Kennedy, Lee Harvey Oswald, Robert F. Kennedy, Daniel Ellsberg... "Credit will go where credit is due after the mess has been cleaned up")
"Fascinating stuff" --Henry W.Targowski.
- The Mythology of the Secret Societies by J.M.Roberts
(1972, non-fiction...Secker and Warburg, London, UK, hbk... freemasons, illuminati, carbonari, rosicrucians, etc.)
- Secrecy and Power in the British State: A History of the Official Secrets Act 1919-89 by Ann Rogers
(July 1997, non-fiction...Pluto Press, London, UK, hbk, ISBN 0-7453-1093-1... "how the British state uses and misuses the Official Secrets Act to perpetuate the rule of an unrepresentative elite who share narrow class interests")
- The Age of Triage: Fear and Hope in an Overcrowded World by Dr Richard L.Rubenstein
(1983, non-fiction...Beacon Press, Boston, Massachusetts, US... 'Triage'='sorting out'... the removal of a target population "which governments perceive as without function or otherwise undesirable")
"Professor Rubenstein warns us that automation and computerization promises a monumental social dislocation, in which a huge slice of the middle class and working class will become surplus to requirements. There may come a time, he thinks, when governments may feel compelled to decide that 'mass unemployment and destitution no longer serve the national interest', and that strategies for mass elimination will then begin to form." -- (in Population , the monthly newsletter of the United Nations Fund for Population Activities).
- The Intelligence Game: Illusions and Delusions of International Espionage by James Rusbridger
(1991, non-fiction...I.B.Tauris, London, UK... here's a link to a book review)
"James Rusbridger is Peter Wright's cousin oddly enough" --Robin Ramsay (in Lobster ).
- The Sovereign State: The Secret History of ITT by Anthony Sampson
(1973, non-fiction...Hodder and Stoughton, London, UK... "the secret workings of a multi-national conglomerate are revealed in devastating detail")
- The Mafia Killed President Kennedy by David E.Scheim
(1992, non-fiction...Virgin, London, UK)
- Remote Viewers: The Secret History of America's Psychic Spies by Jim Schnabel
(February 1997, non-fiction...Dell, New York, US, pbk, ISBN 0-440-22306-7... 'Grill Flame', 'Center Lane', 'Sun Streak', 'Star Gate', SRI)
- Psychotechnology edited by Robert L.Schwitzgebel and Ralph K.Schwitzgebel
(1973, non-fiction, anthology...Holt, Rhinehart and Winston, New York, US)
- Inside the Brotherhood by Martin Short
(199?, non-fiction... freemasons)
- The Marilyn Conspiracy by Milo Speriglio with Steven Chain
(1986, non-fiction... Marilyn Monroe, scandal, conspiracy, John F.Kennedy)
- Conspiracy by Anthony Summers
(1992, non-fiction...Sphere, London, UK)
- Hitler and the Age of Horus by Gerald Suster
(1980, non-fiction... Adolf Hitler, the occult, conspiracy)
"Claims that fascism was not conquered at the end of WWII. An interesting hypothesis." --Henry W.Targowski.
- The Glass House Tapes by Louis Tackwood and the Citizen's Research and Investigation Committee
(1971, non-fiction...Avon, New York, US)
- Messengers of Deception: UFO Contacts and Cults by Jacques Vallee
(March 1979, non-fiction...And/Or Press, Berkeley, California, US, ISBN 0-915904-38-1... UFO conspiracy, hidden realities... recommended)
- The Mind Benders by Cyril Vosper
(1971, non-fiction, illustrated...Neville Spearman Limited, UK, hbk... ex-scientologist exposes and condemns... scientologists issued a writ to restrain the publication of this book)
- Harvey Wasserman's History of the United States by Harvey Wasserman
(1972, non-fiction, social history...Harper & Row, New York, US, pbk... railroad, property, robber barons, social darwinists... "from the close of the Civil War until well into the twentieth century."... Introduction by Howard Zinn)
- Psychic Warfare: Fact or Fiction? edited by John White
(1988, non-fiction...Aquarian, US)
- Genisis by David Wood
(199?... ISBN 0-85936180-2... subsequent existence of this book has been denied by the publisher)
"I'm checking on a lead to a tangible copy... any additional info on this title is very welcome" --Henry W.Targowski.
- Veil: The Secret Wars of the CIA, 1981-1987 by Bob Woodward
(199?, non-fiction... Squad D, William Casey, computer hacking, international banking system)
- Spycatcher by Peter Wright with Paul Greengrass
(1987, non-fiction...Heinemann, Richmond, Victoria, Australia, hbk... MI5)
- The Spycatcher's Encyclopedia of Espionage by Peter Wright
(1991, non-fiction...Heinemann, Richmond, Victoria, Australia... MI5)
"out-takes from Spycatcher spiced with a few more fragments of interesting gossip." --Robin Ramsay (in Lobster ).
*note: I'll be adding links to this bibliography whenever I can.
Since many of these books are no longer in my personal archives, publishing details are not always available.
Publishers can rectify this situation by sending me details and/or review copies.
Conspiracy / Covert Activities / Cults
-- Magazines --
Covert Action Quarterly
(online version of this factual publication... investigative reportage, plus links...
"Recommended by Noam Chomsky; targeted by the CIA"...
finally available online... here's an alternative URL)
Critique: A Journal of Metaphysics and Conspiracy
(edited by Bob Banner)
(P.O.Box 903, Libertyville, Illinois 60048, USA)
Lobster edited by Robin Ramsay
(UK magazine... 214 Westbourne Avenue, Hull, HU5 3JB, UK)
"Well-written, researched, and documented exposure of political power plays, conspiracies, hidden agendas, mind control, etc... highly recommended" --Henry W.Targowski.
"The web site...offers a collection of free articles from various issues and lists the contents of the 33 issues so far published. The site looks a lot better than the hardcopy too." --John Hall.
Prevailing Winds edited by ?
(US magazine... conspiracy, covert activities)
Haven't seen a copy yet, but features work by some of the best researchers...such as Martin Cannon --Henry W.Targowski.
Conspiracy / Covert Activities / Cults
-- Fiction Books --
- Interface by Stephen Bury
(1994, novel, conspiracy... politics, augmented mind)
- The Cobweb by Stephen Bury
(1996, novel, conspiracy... Iraq, biological warfare)
- Libra by Don DeLillo
(1988, novel, slipstream... Lee Harvey Oswald... fictional scenario)
- Wisdom's Maw: The Acid Novel by Todd Brendan Fahey
(1996, novel...Far Gone Books, Lafayette, Louisiana, US... government conspiracy, MK-ULTRA, counterculture, Kennedy assassination, Al Hubbard...
"Excerpts and stuff related to CIA & LSD" --Todd Brendan Fahey,
website: http://www.ucs.usl.edu/~tbf4931/Wisdom, e-mail: Fahey@usl.edu.)
- In the Country of the Blind by Michael Flynn
(July 1990, novel, science fiction, steampunk, conspiracy... analytical engine actually built and used by a secret society)
- Wasp by Erik Frank Russell
(1958, novel, science fiction... social engineering, covert activities, politics... classic)
- Illuminatus: The Eye in the Pyramid by Robert Anton Wilson and Robert Shea
(1975, novel... Illuminati conspiracy... book 1 'Illuminatus' trilogy)
- Illuminatus: The Golden Apple by Robert Anton Wilson and Robert Shea
(1975, novel... Illuminati conspiracy... book 2 'Illuminatus' trilogy)
- Illuminatus: Leviathan by Robert Anton Wilson and Robert Shea
(1975, novel... Illuminati conspiracy... book 3 'Illuminatus' trilogy)
*note: It will take me some time to compile this listing.
Do check back occasionally, as I will be adding to it periodically.
New additions are welcome.
Conspiracy / Covert Activities / Cults
-- AudioVisual Material --
(1997, BBC 1 television documentary, approximately 45 minutes... directed by Rachel Coughlan... Heaven's Gate cult... programme first aired Wednesday 6 August 1997... part of the 'Inside Story' series edited by Olivia Lichtenstein.)
"On 26 March this year, the bodies of 39 members of the Heaven's Gate cult were found in a house in San Diego. They all recorded their farewells on videotape and committed suicide by taking a fatal cocktail of drugs and alcohol." (in Radio Times , 2-8 August 1997)
"It was pointed out to me by archivist Dan Foster that Marshall Applewhite, cult leader, had previously made the news (together with his girlfriend and accomplice) as the so-called 'Bo and Peep' UFO cult." --Henry W.Targowski.
Of Related Interest
Send books and periodicals for review to this
Send comments, corrections, additions, contributions to:
Return to Mark/Space